Wednesday, June 7, 2017

IWSG~Calling It Quits

Ah, now this is a subject every writer can grasp. And, from my experience thus far, the notion of quitting writing seems to get worse with each new success I have. So backwards... #grrr
Gosh, I didn't know I'd be this busy.
How am I supposed to work on my next book, when I'm spending all my time promoting my last book that released? 
My laptop is lagging!
I can't find the words to write because my head is so jumbled with all I have to do.

This chapter is crap.

I can't do this

I should quit. 

Sound familiar?

Let's replace all that negativity with some positives to forge us into our summer writing mode.

This is a great reminder to always keep in mind where you were when you began writing. You are in a completely different place now. Yay YOU!

I love this one!
When the writing is coming hard I tend to jabber on to myself about this and that. Maybe if I just stop and be quiet it will all work itself out.

Just let this one steep in your brain. Power.
 JOIN  the IWSG the 1st Wednesday
of each month!

Have any inspiring quotes on why we shouldn't quit? 





11 comments:

  1. Great quotes, and warm greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration. I bet that you are super busy with your first book being published and your next one coming out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely positive post, Sally. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did have some words of wisdom, but as per pregnancy brain, they're gone. =) I have to laugh every time I read someone lamenting about their first book not being out yet. I just want to tell them, "Enjoy this seasons. It only gets worse." =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. Every time I want to quit, I do think about why I started. I think about Lil Chrys, and she'd be so disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not so much, or maybe none come to mind. I do like yours though. Thanks for the pep talk. :-)

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sheri ... I see the quotes and promptly forget them - hopeless ... one can't leave off - there'll be calls to return! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's true you will really hear when you are still and listen.
    My writing mantra - thou shall not suck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Sheri,

    These quotes certainly lifted my day. Been in a slump for what seems like a lifetime. I will try to remember these. Keep breathing~ You are on the spin cycle now. I will get better once you relax a bit and go with the flow.

    HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the quotes, especially the still and quiet.

    ReplyDelete

!SPLAT Your Awesomeness! I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

MY STATS